America is at a defining turning point in history. Will we continue to fight for the ideals that made our nation A City Upon A Hill, or will we succumb to the failed ideals of Western European nations? This brief excerpt from the introduction of my book should answer this question.
In 1916 an American Presbyterian minister, the Rev. William J. H. Boetcker, published a leaflet that listed his "Ten Cannots," which are a reflection of a number of American virtues that are highlighted in this introduction. Remarkably, his "Ten Cannots" are just as applicable today as they were during the early part of the twentieth century. Consider the following:
1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging others.
2. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
3. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
4. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
5. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
6. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
7. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
8. You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
9. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
10. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
Patriots, these are bedrock American virtues that have been passed down to us for hundreds of years, yet our high schools and universities are no longer teaching these virtues to our children. Is it any wonder we are morphing into a nation of deadbeats and freeloaders? The college students who back Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton are clueless as are most Democrats and RINOs. Read my award-winning book, The Sissification of America: A Fifty-Year Decline In American Exceptionalism. Discover how and why we got to the vile condition our country is currently in and what we must do to dig ourselves out of this murky swamp before we suffer the same fate as the Ancient Roman Empire. Elections have consequences, good or bad. Decide!